NEVER DO THESE WITH YOUR JEWELLERY
Proper Jewellery care and maintenance often been neglected. Jewellery is one of our most intimate and precious accessories. It should be treasured and enjoyed every time you put it on. However, regardless of prices, all jewellery is very delicate. It is important to understand how to care for and protect your jewellery pieces in maintaining its beauty and keeping your heirlooms sparkling for generations to come.
- Never wear jewellery when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening, swimming, hot yoga, strenuous physical activities and spa massages.
- Never expose jewellery to household cleaning products and any chemical products. Jewellery is safer away from perfumes, lotions and hairsprays so slather yourself up in areas where your jewellery will not touch it. Likewise, put on your jewellery after your perfume or spray are set on after a while.
- Never expose jewellery to chlorine swimming pools or hot tubs. It does not like to get wet, take showers with you or frolic in the sea.
- Never place your jewellery in the bottom of your handbag or in your pocket. Give them a proper storage to rest in its special pouch or box by itself. After a day out, rest your jewellery back in its pouch or stored carefully in a jewellery box. When traveling, protect your jewelry pieces from scratches or other impact damage by padding it in a separate box or case.
- Never ignore your jewellery problems when it has dent, loose stones or looking dull with tons of scratches. Have your jewelry cleaned and checked by a professional for worn mountings, loose prongs and general condition at least once per year. Have jewellery (white gold, Rose gold, Yellow gold and Platinum) re-polished as necessary to maintain original condition (generally every one year or so).
- Never ignore your loose strung pearls. To avoid any embarrassed situation when your pearl necklace breaks outside suddenly. Have frequently-worn pearls restrung as necessary, with a knot between each pearl to prevent loss if the string breaks.
Of course jewellery is meant to be worn, seen and enjoyed. Treat each piece as if it were a family heirloom, for someday it may be – just treat it with care!
How to clean your jewellery at home
Always clean in a secure location, not the rim of a sink where a piece may slip down the drain. Place your ring in a dish of warm water with a few drops of non-detergent soap. Let your ring soak for 5-10 minutes to loosen any build-up dirt or particles. Use a baby or any soft toothbrush to clean gently around the stone settings. Be sure to clean under the stone setting as well. Rinse in warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
When undressing, soft gem such as pearls, wipe each piece with a clean soft cloth to remove oils and perspiration.
To give your jewellery and stones sparkles alive, we advise for proper cleansing in our store. We recommend having this done every 6 months. You can do this by either coming into one of our stores or sending your ring to us. This is complimentary, as we want your jewellery to remain as beautiful as when it left us!